Privacy Concerns

Date12/21/2023
AuthorSypher
Details / precisionsHello,

I wanted to bring up a concern regarding the evaluation process for my website using the "SCAMDOC SCORE CLAIM FORM."

As I reviewed the criteria, I noticed the requirement to disclose personal information, specifically the directive that "Home address - Owner information" and "Contact phone - Information about the owner" must be displayed on the website. Given that my website is a personal blog, separate from my real-life identity, the idea of publicly sharing such sensitive information raises significant privacy and safety concerns.

I am not engaged in commercial activities on my website; it does not involve the sale of products or services, and I do not derive any financial gain from its content. In today's digital landscape, privacy is a paramount concern, and services like WHOIS protection exist to safeguard personal information associated with online platforms.

I kindly seek clarification on the necessity of publicly disclosing such sensitive information, particularly when selecting "Non-professional website" on the provided form. I believe individuals should not have to essentially dox themselves, or wait a year so their website is not considered "new" in order for your algorithm to not mark their website as "suspicious".

1 comment

Reviews and comments left by Internet users are sorted in chronological order and are not checked a priori

• Abii 12/26/2023 at 09:39 AM

Hi Sypher,
    You can provide us with as much information as you wish. Scamdoc's algorithm values transparency but you're right to mention that that's not as important for a personal website or blog. If there is no business/money involved on your website, Scamdoc's algorithm will change its rating accordingly. If you fill the dedicated form for site owners, you can specify that point (the personnal information parts are not mandatory).